PRIZE DRAW - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By submitting an entry to the Discovery Sport Challenge Prize Draw (the “Prize Draw”) you confirm your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and the use of your name and likeness in conjunction with the Prize Draw and in particular the publication of any list of names and publicity for the winners as explained further in these Terms and Conditions. The winners (and their nominated guest if applicable) may be asked to take part in post-promotion publicity.
2. This Prize Draw is promoted and managed by Spark44 Limited, registered Internationally, registered office: Morelands Building, 5-23 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HL, Company No. 07535381 (the “Administrator”) on behalf of Jaguar Land Rover Limited, registered in England and Wales, registered office: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry CV3 4LF, England, Company No. 1672070 (the “Promoter”). The Main Prize is managed and administered by the NDL Group Limited, registered office: Regina House, 124 Finchley Road, London, NW3 5JS, Company No. 2997986 (the “Main Prize Administrator”).
3. These Terms and Conditions apply so far as the law permits so please read them carefully before entering.
Can i enter the prize draw?
4. This Prize Draw is free to enter (no purchase necessary).
5. The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and Isle of Man), who are aged 28 or over and have held a valid, current and full driving licence, so that they are eligible to drive in the UK, for more than 5 years with no more than 6 penalty points currently on their license. Proof of age and of driving licence will be required from all entrants.
6. The following individuals will not be eligible to enter the Prize Draw:
1. anyone involved with the operation, promotion or administration of this Prize Draw, including those who have access to the Prize Draw site or data capture iPads; and/or
2. any employees, agents or suppliers of the Promoter, the Administrator or the Main Prize Administrator and their families and their associated companies or retailer network.
HOW TO ENTER
7. The Prize Draw opens on 9th September 2016 (08.00 BST) at all participating Land Rover Retailers, except Charles Hurst and Donnelly Brothers and will close on 11th September (18.00 BST). The Prize Draw for Charles Hurst and Donnelly Brothers opens on 8tth September 2016 (08.00 BST) and will close on 10th September 2016 (18.00 BST) (the “Prize Draw Period”). Any entries received after this time will not be considered valid and will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
8. To enter, simply attend a participating Retailer during the Prize Draw Period and successfully complete the buzz wire challenge within three attempts. To successfully complete the challenge, you must get the wand from one end to the other without touching the wire. A representative of the Promotor will then take your details (name, address, email address and mobile number) via an iPad to enter you into the Prize Draw.
9. To find your nearest participating Land Rover Retailer please visit http://www.landrover.co.uk/index.html. Please note that the Buzz Wire is only at participating Retailers only.
10. Only valid entries received within the Prize Draw Period and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be eligible for entry into the Prize Draw.
11. Entrants may submit only one valid entry during the Prize Draw Period. Multiple entries will be ineligible and will not be included in the Prize Draw.
12. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs, neither the Promoter nor the Administrator nor the Main Prize Administrator accepts any responsibility for incomplete entries and any such entries will not be considered valid.
13. There are two prizes available consisting of:
1 entrant will win a bespoke, tailor made UK-based adventure package, worth up to £10,000 (the “Main Prize”). The Main Prize will be an activity trip anywhere in the United Kingdom for the winner only or for the winner and up to an additional five guests. The winner can decide what activities to participate in, up to the £10,000 limit and may include (subject to age limitations), but is not limited to, mountain biking, white water rafting, hiking in the Peak District, glamping in Scotland.
The Main Prize must be booked by the winner by January 2017.
The Main Prize cannot be taken during 22nd December – 4th January.
2. 116 entrants, one per participating Retailer, will win a half day Land Rover Experience package to be taken at one of the nine Land Rover Experience Centres and will include expert tuition in a Land Rover (the “Secondary Prizes”). Each winner will be entitled to take one nominated guest to be a passenger in the experience.
Together the Main Prize and the Secondary Prize will be known as the “Prizes”.
14. The winners acknowledge and agree that neither the Promoter nor the Administrator nor the Main Prize Administrator will be responsible for any costs and/or expenses including (without limitation) any travel expenses, food and drink, spending money which may be required for the winners and their nominated guest (if applicable) to benefit from the Prizes.
15. For the selection of each winner, each valid entry received during the Prize Draw Period will be given a unique number. The entries from each individual retailer will then be placed into a random number generator at each participating retailer on Friday 16th September 2016 (14.00 BST) to determine the 116 winners of the Secondary Prizes. The Administrator will place all entries from all retailers into a random number generator to determine the winner of the Main Prize. This process will be observed and verified by an independent observer.
16. The winners will be contacted via the email address supplied on or before Friday 16th September 2016 (18.00 BST) and asked to confirm, by replying by 23rd September 2016 (18.00 BST) to the Administrator via email or post, their name and postal address and that they accept their Prize. The Administrator will use the contact details supplied with the entry to contact the winner and will not be responsible if the contact details supplied to it are incorrect.
17. If the winners cannot be contacted within two days after the first attempt to contact them, or the Prize is not claimed by a winner for any reason, it will be forfeited and the Administrator, on behalf of the Promoter, reserves the right to pick an alternative winner in accordance with the process described above if the Prize is not claimed by this deadline. An alternative prize will not be awarded to that original winner.
18. If there are tickets associated with the Prize, they will be sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery to the postal address supplied by that winner. A signature will be required upon delivery.
19. If the Promoter and/or the Administrator and/or the Main Prize Administrator subsequently discovers a winner is ineligible, or has breached these Terms and Conditions or is suspected of engaging in any other foul play or unethical conduct, the Promoter and/or the Administrator and or the Main Prize Administrator reserves the right not to award the Prize to that winner and another entrant will be selected, in accordance with the process described above, as the winner. In that event, that original winner agrees to return the Prize (at his/her expense) immediately to the Promoter. No alternative prize will be awarded to the original winning entrant.
20. If the Prize offered is unavailable, cancelled or suspended due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter and/or the Administrator and/or the Main Prize Administrator, the Promoter and/or the Administrator and/or Main Prize Administrator has the right, but is not obliged, to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value to the Prize. The winners will not be entitled to any monetary equivalent or compensation for any costs or expenses incurred or suffered in connection with taking up the Prizes.
21. There is no cash or credit alternative and the Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and is not for resale.
22. In all circumstances the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Neither the Promoter nor the Administrator nor the Main Prize Administrator, nor their respective group companies, nor their respective affiliates, agents, officers or employees will be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage arising out of organising or holding this Prize Draw or as a result of an entrant's participation in it, participation in any activities or as a result of a winner winning, collecting, using or enjoying the Prize, or if the Prize Draw does not run as planned. This clause does not seek to exclude the liability of any party listed in this clause 23 for (a) death or personal injury caused by their negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or (c) any other matter for which it would be unlawful for them to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
24. The Administrator or the Promoter or the Main Prize Administrator may change these Terms and Conditions or cancel the Prize Draw at their absolute discretion without incurring liability as a result unless the Prizes have been awarded.
USE OF PRIZE DRAW ENTRIES AND PERSONAL DATA
25. By entering the Prize Draw you agree that the Promoter and/or the Administrator and/or the Main Prize Administrator (and their retailers, franchise partners, agents, contractors and group members on their behalf), may collect, process, store, distribute, retain and/or use the information (including personal data) you provide in your Prize Draw entry and in the process of entering:
1. to enable them to administer your entry in the Prize Draw, including deciding whether it accords with these Terms and Conditions;
2. to notify you if you are one of the winners of the Prize Draw. If you are one of the winners, then your name(s) may be published including, without limitation, on the official Prize Draw site, the Promoter's own website (e.g. at jaguar.co.uk) and/or that of the Administrator and/or that of the Main Prize Administrator, in other promotional materials and/or publications associated with the Prize Draw and/or notified on request to members of the public; and
3. to share with organisations assisting with the conduct of the Prize Draw and fulfilment of the Prizes.
26. Unless you have opted out in the entry form, the Promoter and the Administrator and the Main Prize Administrator (and their retailers’, franchise partners’, agents’, contractors’ and group members’) each reserves the right to contact all entrants regarding various products, services, promotions and other related communications. If you no longer want to be contacted, you should email the Administrator at [email protected] You will also have the opportunity to opt-out of future correspondence in any subsequent communications.
27. These Terms and Conditions and any disputes arising therefrom shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and the Prize Draw including non-contractual claims.
The winners’ names and counties can be obtained by contacting the Administrator at: [email protected] within six weeks of Friday 16th September 2016.